March 10, 2016

THE DIFFERENT SIDE OF LOMBOK




Lombok is one of the most famous touristic destinations in Indonesia. Nature at its best and world class wonders such as the Gili Islands or Mount Rinjani make most visitors fall in love with our island. I love these places too and I am proud of them. However, I feel that there is much more to Lombok than the main destinations listed in most guidebooks. Our little paradise features amazing hidden temples, beautiful villages and awe-inspiring volcanic landscapes. On top of that, it is inhabited by some of the most welcoming people in Southeast Asia. 


Because I wanted to help travelers discover an unspoiled and fairly unknown side of the island, I started Lombok Hidden Trip. I want to show you what the different Lombok looks like, away from the made-up tourist track. But even more important then that, I want it to be the local community who benefits from this type of tourism. That’s why I mostly work with locals for the homestays, activities and workshops. I want to make sure that the local community benefits from the work they do together with Lombok Hidden Trip.


Our activities and trips will show you something different then most travel agencies. We will take you to local schools, traditional villages, temples, photogenic rice fields, lush forests or honey bee farms. We will also give you more information about the history of Lombok, Hinduism and Islam and our educational system. We will offer you lunch with local Indonesian food or even show you how to use garbage to make bags or cellphone covers. As you can tell, there’s something for everyone! However, I want our trips to focus on people. The people in Lombok are warm, friendly and they have beautiful smiles. Our culture is unique and society here is a mix of different people and religions. That is why I would like you to meet the locals and get to know the different side of Lombok.




EmoticonEmoticon